Please fill in the Disembarkation Card (Arrival Card), which will be provided by the airline crew at the arrival hall. Upon arrival at the airport, you are requested to proceed to the Immigration Check Point and show your Visa Approval Letter (VAL) and Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to the Immigration Officer.
Students are allowed to perform their own immigration clearance as Taylor’s University is a SETARA ‘Teir 5-Excellent’ rated university. Our friendly Taylor’s representative will be present at a specific meeting point to meet you. They will send you to Taylor’s campus and help you to check-in to your accommodation/hostel.
You won’t miss our representative. They will be holding a Taylor’s University sign!
Report To International Office
New international students must report to the International Office upon arrival or the next working day during office hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm) at Block A, Level 2. The following needs to be done at the International Office:
Completion or submission of relevant forms:
- Submission of your original academic results and certificates.
- Submission of signed LOA (Letter of Acceptance)
- Submission of passport for endorsement.
- Complete the International Reporting Form and International Students Policies and Regulations Form.
- Medical Health Screening (within three (3) days upon arrival)
- Payment of any outstanding fees
- Opening bank account
- Changing currency
- Students are given seven (7) days to settle such matters after which they must hand in passports to International Office for endorsement at the Immigration Department.
- Students are advised not to make travel plans out of Malaysia during this time.
- Failure to hand in passports for endorsement may result in students overstaying their current visit passes or be classified as illegal immigrants by the Malaysian Immigration Department.
The welcome reception is specially organized for all new international students. Important information such as immigration rules and regulations and health insurance coverage is communicated for studies in Malaysia.
You will also meet some of our senior students who will help you transition to your new home in Malaysia. The schedule of the welcome reception will be provided to you at the International Office.
All new international students are strongly encouraged to attend the university orientation. At the orientation, you will be provided useful information regarding your studies at the university and living in Malaysia. You will also get to meet many new friends from various countries.
Enjoy your class in Taylor’s University!
Report to your school’s office to receive your timetable and begin classes in accordance with your timetable.
Permission to Work Part-time
- A student is permitted to do part-time work for 20 hours per week during semester breaks or any holidays exceeding seven (7) days
- Permitted places of work are Restaurants, Petrol Kiosks, Mini Markets and Hotels only (excluding these jobs: singer, masseur, musician, cashier, GRO and other activities deemed immoral) as long as the student pass remains valid
- Permission to work part-time is extendable by the Immigration Malaysia depending on the student’s attendance and academic reports
- Application from students studying in Private Higher Educational Institutions must be submitted by the respective institutions to the Immigration headquarter in Putrajaya.
Renewal Of Student Pass
- It is the responsibility of the student to monitor the expiry date of their Student Pass (Visa). Students are required to submit the renewal documents for Student Pass extension four (4) months before the expiry / internship / school trip and etc. (whichever is earlier) to our International Office. The passport for endorsement has to be submitted two (2) months before expiry date/internship/school trip/etc. (whichever is earlier). For the full process and detailed list of documents, please refer to our International Office.
Overstaying is an offence in Malaysian Law. Immigration will impose a penalty ranging from RM1,000 – RM5,000 depending on the duration of your overstay. You may be blacklisted and deported back to your home country. You can be prohibited to enter Malaysia for a period of time. You may even be imprisoned. Taylor’s University will also impose a daily penalty charge for overstayed students.
For renewal of Student Pass (as required by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia), your attendance in class should not fall below 80% and you are required to achieve a minimum of CGPA 2.00. The requirements are subject to change depending on EMGS and Immigration Malaysia. Please always refer to our International Office for more details and updates.
Student Pass And Visa Cancellation
Malaysia Immigration Department requires all international students to cancel their Student Pass and Visa when they have completed their studies, deferred (if it is more than 3 months) or withdrawn from the University. Submission of original passport and a copy of flight ticket departing 3 weeks later (e.g. Submission of passport for cancellation August 1 & date of departure August 22) for cancellation of Student Pass (Visa) must be received by International Office three (3) weeks before travelling date.
Leaving without proper cancelling your student pass will result in the forfeiture of your Personal Bond deposit by Immigration Malaysia and can cause consequences if the student decides to apply to another institution within Malaysia.